Some say her work is forbidden. Some might say it’s a complete waste of time. Others remain silent. But Julie Seltzer, one of a few women in history to write a complete Torah scroll, is just following her heart.
“My love of Torah led me to be a scribe,” she says.
|Imam Abdullah Antepli: Marked For Death: Geert Wilders ‘Jihad’ Against Islam
In addition to conflicting with authoritative data, the Wilders’ rhetoric also poses a real danger of galvanising violent extremism — not countering it.
|Rabbi Laura Geller: Shavuot and Ruth: Beyond the Letter of the Law
Saturday night is the anniversary of the giving of Torah at Mt. Sinai. Strange, isn’t it, that on the holy day we celebrate the Giving of the Law, we traditionally study the Book of Ruth, the most transgressive of the Bible, a book that explicitly defies a Divine command.
|Gadadhara Pandit Dasa: Is God a Person? A Gaudiya Vaishnav Perspective
Even though it may sound attractive or may be easier to understand that God is formless energy, as far as I’m concerned, it’s not possible to exchange love with formless energy
|Chris Fici: ‘Today We Have the Power': A Spiritually Radical Documentary
In his debut documentary feature, filmmaker Christopher Timm deftly presents a vital meditation on the bridge between spirituality and social justice, through the prism of the seminal demonstrations at the 1999 World Trade Organization (WTO) meetings in Seattle.
|Eitan Press: Thinking Outside the Book: Shavuot and the Great Torah Download
Many people associate the word “Torah” with the Five books of Moses, but according to Jewish wisdom, the Torah and what was given at Mt. Sinai was much more than a book.
- Torah in all Sorts of Places (frumesarah.com)
- Ready to Receive the Torah? (coffeeshoprabbi.com)
- Indiana Jones and the Shavuot crusade (blogs.timesofisrael.com)
- First Things First (trinityspeaks.wordpress.com)
- ‘The Luckiest Man’ (jewishpress.com)
- The Beauty and Power of Shavout: May 27th and 28th, Sivan 6th and 7th (dralexstarr.wordpress.com)
- Italy’s Torah Day limited to men (timesofisrael.com)
- Why Women Can Recite Birchas HaTorah (jewishpress.com)
- The Point Most People Seem to be Missing about The Hassidic Community (glaminglamor.wordpress.com)
- 10 modern Torah-giving moments for Shavuot (blogs.jta.org)