Church has become closed in some instances and the challenge is as John XXIII said of Vatican II, the doors may be locked but let’s open the windows and allow the Holy Spirit to blow through and cleanse us of the winter dust.
Is the church international, the Christianities as a whole willing to allow for the Holy Spirit to blow through even if it means losing local congregations, but the result being a healthier body of Christ?
Here are a few quick points that I would challenge any denomination/local congregation to take on and see just how much they trust God and the discipling of their congregations to continue to do God’s work? Do we as believers worship God or Money?
3) Will we cease living in deficitis, and take a hard look at what we can afford. Will we use our buildings to transform our socieities.
4) Will we release the Gifts that exist within our congregations, affirm that all work is done out of the love of God and is thus a Holy Vocation.
5) Are we willing as churches as a whole to sit down with one another and stipulate what we as a universal church are going to do to live out life as the Body of Christ regardless of our denominational labels?
6) Quit plug n’ play programming church families to death, and create an honest ministry to grow disciples of the living Cosmic Christ?
Are we up for the challenge? Or are we just happy with the status quo?
- The Character of Diaconal Ordination (insightscoop.typepad.com)
- Churches pay-it-forward with gifted properties (wenatcheeworld.com)
- New church opens on Christmas Eve in Natick (boston.com)
- Carols: A Christmas Devotional – O Holy Night (christlikeministriesnwa.wordpress.com)
- The Real Meaning of Christmas (there I done wrote it!) (magicoftheordinary.wordpress.com)
- My TRUE Christmas Wish List (bluechippastor.org)
- The Body of Christ (altoncosta.wordpress.com)
- My marriage issues and the way forward – Chris Okotie opens up finally. (mosvinbami.com)
- Isaiah 55 A New Beginning In Christ (yourfaithhashealedyou.wordpress.com)
- The Living Church is the Body of Christ (lionessblog.com)