It seems within the church there are two schools on Mary of Nazareth, either over veneration or total ignoring. This is not the case for this beautiful young woman of God. Her story is one of liberation, freedom, and living in such a counter cultural way that her world changed as she bore the Christ-Child.
My retreat offering is simply: She Said Yes: Mary for the 21st Century
It is best in the format of a Friday Evening, Saturday morning/afternoon; but can be adapted to several evenings, or Sunday afternoons as the church needs.
The Sessions which are also interspersed with spiritual practices to aid in the formation and growth of participants:
1) The History of Mary of Nazareth
2) The multiple church doctrines of Mary
3) Extra-biblical legacy of Mary
4) Biblical story of Mary
5) Our Yes: Who is Mary for us today?
What’s the cost?
Coming alongside your congregation for the time. A space where tables can be set up for participants to speak in a round. The church making available tea, coffee, juices & water throughout as well as healthy snacks and lunch on the Saturday. As well as an honorarium for myself (I am setting aside my normal $1-1500 retreat leader fee so any church can have this experience for whatever they can afford).
I look forward to hearing from your church, and coming alongside for a weekend of discovery.
For booking contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A Marian Liberation Theology? (A Thesis Proposal) (tyragan.wordpress.com)
- The Holy Family: Mary & Joseph (2/2) (qdvf.wordpress.com)
- Should we walk like him or live like him? (catholicjournaling.wordpress.com)
- Eleven Anglican Sisters to be received into the Catholic Church (catholicherald.co.uk)
- The Solemnity of the Holy Family of Jesus, Mary and Joseph, Year C (doohan.id.au)
- Watch: ‘Back to the Beginning’: Bethlehem’s Church of the Nativity (abcnews.go.com)
- Pregnant Madonna,the Sanctuary of St. Mary of the Assumption, Bogenberg, Austria (deaconjohnspace.wordpress.com)
- RELIGION DIGEST: Children’s musical, Latin Mass (triblive.com)
- ‘He was a gentle soul’: Church organist dies after being attacked on his way to Midnight Mass (dailyrecord.co.uk)
- Calling – Gifts of Christmas (essentialthingdevotions.com)