I have provided many snapshots to my growing understanding, theology of the Holy Mystery if you will here in these pages. You have had the opportunity to read reflections on belief statements from the ancient Creeds, the United Church and the Anglican Church. Currently my family finds ourselves in attendance with the Associated Gospel Churches (Canada) and it has led me to reflect on their doctrinal statement. The doctrinal statement is bolded and italicized, my thoughts follow each section in normal type. I do appreciate this denomination’s attempt to proof text each statement with multiple scripture excerpts, but really, do not find much holds water in this type of systematics. Without further ado here begins my reflection…
A more truncated version of the AGC Statement of Faith is here. I did not reflect on this one for the simple fact that there was more meat to the 2004 version for reflection.
Now, after viewing the reflection one may ask how I landed at what may appear as such as divergent theological spot. The answer is simple, Crossroads Community Church through their Mum & Baby group, parenting support groups, community dinners, great spiritual formation (sunday school for all ages), preaching & worship, work with the local public schools, community outreach, community associations, other churches, and of course the planting of the Cornerstone Youth Centre have proven themselves to me without a doubt (and possibly to some of their chagrin, 🙂 ) to be a community within the Franciscan Charism of living the Gospel Life.
- “Still Church” (pastortravisdsmith.wordpress.com)
- Studying the Doctrines of the Gospel in the D&C and Church History this year by Jeffrey Marsh: A response (bycommonconsent.com)
- Lex Orandi-Lex Credendi: A Reflection (THAW March 2007) (tyragan.wordpress.com)
- New curriculum for 2013 (mormonapologeticstudies.org)
- Epiphany is here! So what? (And another free Mixtape!) (prodigalpaul.com)
- In the Belfast War Zone Comes a Festival of Peace Building; 4 Corners Festival (stocki.typepad.com)
- Westminster Diocese: Expanding Pastoral Care for LGBT Catholics (queeringthechurch.com)
- Owen Strachan Accepts New Appointment to CBMW and Biblical Roles of Men and Women (spiritualsoundingboard.com)
- About us / Over ons/Belgian Church (muchadoaboutbiblicaltruths.wordpress.com)
- Emergent Deceit in the Last Days (vineoflife.net)